Apple Inc. is always known to launch products that are extremely hyped in the market and whose technology, hardware or software, is said to be over the top by tech geeks as well as experts. Apple is now back in the Mixed Reality game with the announcement of the mass production of its Apple Reality Pro Mixed Reality Headset from March, 2023.
The California-based, Apple Inc.’s first mixed reality headset was expected to be launched in January 2023 which was to be followed up by pre-order sales starting sometime in the 2nd quarter of 2023 and then eventually leading up to open sales in June, which is to be said around the same time Apple Inc. hosts its annual WWDC event. As per reports, the mixed reality headset is expected to be supplied by a Chinese contract manufacturer named Pegatron.
What is Pegatron?
- Pegatron is a Chinese contract manufacturer which is said to be the main supplier for the mixed reality headset, as reported by DigiTimes
More to go with
- According to a previously published report, Apple Inc. had trademarked the 'Reality' brand name which is to be for the company's future line of headsets
- Apple's three AR-VR headsets were asked to be codenamed N602, N301, and N421. The so-called N301 codenamed device had been reported as the Apple’s MR headset
- It was also reported that this MR device might be called Apple Reality Pro
- Apple's Mixed Reality Headset is said to Be a 'Game Changer' as reported by Ming-Chi Kuo
- The Apple Reality Pro MR headset is expected to give a good competition to Meta's upcoming MR headset
- N602 is said to be a lightweight AR version of the Apple Reality Pro headset, which may be launched by Apple Inc. later at a lower price under the 'Reality One' moniker
- An earlier report had implied that the mixed reality (MR) headset - Apple Reality Pro, is said to utilise iris scanning for enabling sign-in, payments, and much more
- It was reported that the mechanism would eventually work much like Apple's fingerprint feature or Face ID authentication
- Tech analyst Ming-Chi Kuo also predicted that the (MR) mixed reality headset could support iris recognition
With Apple Inc. making progress with new technology, other tech companies might be in a big and tough fight in the upcoming years.